Print this page
- Elevator Pitch (n.) A quick way to communicate your expertise in a compelling and concise manner. The goal being to pique someone’s interest in an unexpected setting while leaving a lasting impression.
- Culture Fit (n./v.) To possess the skillset that falls in line with the current or hiring company. This may involve faking it to making it.
- Career Branding (v.) I.e. Commitment to the cause. This involves marketing yourself in a professional environment, painting a picture of your career accomplishments and skills to convey aptitude and expertise.
- Side Hustle (n.) The Side Hustle AKA the sometimes under the quiet hustle. Commonly an avenue to earn some extra dollars on the side, which entails taking on a second or third job in your spare time. The side hustle gives us all the opportunity to explore other talents without quitting our day jobs.
- Recareering (v.) Recareering or Career 360, whichever you prefer. To change one’s career, often very late in life. This isn’t and average job change, but a move to an entirely different career path with the goal of following one’s passion, increasing money or influence in life.